Facebook Reviews: The Good, Bad & Ugly
Myth: People don’t look at Facebook reviews
Yes, they do! If you want to stay and grow in business, be sure you’re monitoring those reviews!
What should you do to get more reviews?
Incentivize client reviews by offering a small gift in exchange for a review. Don't give them any guidance on what the review should say, just ask them to leave one on your business Facebook page. This small gesture goes a long way in building credibility in the eyes of your current customer and with those who are considering doing business with you.
What should you do if you receive a bad review?
Contact the dissatisfied party and find a way to make peace! If this means a coupon or a discount, so be it. Ask them to give your business a second chance, make amends at all costs. This is not groveling, it is good business! Look at it as a means to improve your services. Don't brush them off, give them a fair chance to help you correct the issue. It is an opportunity for growth and improvement.
Solutions for Success
1. Someone should always watch the phones (this one is a no-brainer)
2. Someone should manage and monitor your Facebook page and reply accordingly
3. Enable auto-response on Facebook Messenger for all private messages and make it a point to follow-up within 24-48 hours. (Yes, I’m being serious.) Be sure to address good or bad reviewers within the same timeframe.
4. Thank good reviewers and incentivize the bad (offer coupon or promotion for their trouble- asked for a second chance. It’s not groveling, it’s good business!!
5. Busy during the day? Plan a specific time in your day for checking social media and returning voicemails. Do this regularly.